Powered By Blogger

K @ GGB

K @ GGB
A Bridge Too Cool

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Voices of the past....

Hi everyone, me again. :-)  I just came across this interesting, eclectic list of "25 Best Voices in Sports" ....and not exactly the list I would make, but anyway....  (And, I read that Ted Williams...you know, this Ted Williams, has possibly been hired, good for him!)  My favorite sport announcer ever was, probably, Jack Buck, long time Cardinals announcer.  Possibly his most famous call was Ozzie Smith's game winning home run in game 6 of the 1985 NL playoffs: "Go Crazy, Folks!!" , but just as memorable for me, is the speech he made at Busch Stadium, not long after the attacks of September 11, 2001:  Jack Buck 9/11 poem.  Many others were fun to listen to, Harry Carry, his son Skip Carry, Mike Shannon, Dick Enberg, many others...and yes, even Dick "Dipsy-doo Dunkeroo" Vitale. ;-)  Sports has always been important to me, especially in the "old days", and maybe too much sometimes...but maybe that was my way of "being a man", when I was a very confused person.  Not to say I'm "unconfused" now, just much less so. ;-)  Anyway, enjoy the videos! 

No comments: