Powered By Blogger

K @ GGB

K @ GGB
A Bridge Too Cool

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Charming Woman

Hi all, just quickly, I want to say that I'm excited to be blogging again!  Maybe I'm the only one, but hey, that's okay, I'm doing this, at least for now, mostly for my benefit...but at the same time, if any of these can be of help to anyone, then all the better, and I thank everyone who stops by here. ♥

Okay, so the title of this blog isn't about me...maybe someday I'll be "charming"(and I'm definitely on my way(besides in my heart) to being a woman)...but it actually refers to a young woman named Janice Whaley, and she recently finished and has now released The Smiths Project, a very unique musical tribute to The Smiths, a very cool(and "unique" too!) "new wave" band out of Manchester, U.K., during the mid-80's, using only her voice, even for the instruments!  I've listened to a couple of songs so far...and so far so good!  Here is an interview with Janice.

"It hit me that life is so short, and if you're going to do something, you have to do it now," Whaley says. "More importantly, what do you leave behind after you go? I want to leave music behind, not the regret of not having done it."  What she said here truly resonates with me, in a general sense.  (In a musical sense too...I have some goals there, but that's another story(blog).)  I need to do better, be a better person(long way to go there, whew! ;) ), every day, and hopefully help others along the way, somehow.  Well, more on all of that as time goes by.  Thank you Janice, and best wishes with this project and any others you plan to do!  ♥

1 comment:

Janice said...

Thank you, Kelli. Your blog came up in a list of Smiths Project mentions today. I wish you all the best in your journeys ahead!
xo
Janice